Spent today at home (cept going to sch to collect a case study and corp reporting text to bring home and study..) and i managed to catch the ending of a really old flick. how old? try 1988. 4 years after i was born. i'm not a fan of mediocre films.. but this one got my attention, just 'cos there's kevin bacon inside.
i'm simply intrigued by kevin bacon. sure, he's not the best looking actor ever.. but he certainly is underrated. just look at the movies he has to his name.. he even has a game to his name. "6 degrees of kevin bacon". inspired really by the game 6 degrees of separation. but yes, back to the movie. "she's having a baby". honestly, it's a flick critics would love to hate, and would definitely state the obvious that kevin was top notch in the show. it was hilarious, how he played out each expression expertly on his face, from plain pure horror to one of so much grief and despair. i'm biased. ahaha
i guess.. i kinda have a soft spot for old flicks that talk abt everday life... smth i wldn't be too kind on for more 'modern' flicks. take "my girl", not the thai one. i adore that movie. it's simply bittersweet and sad. (stung to death by bees. how can that not be sad?). i.. i.. anyone up for a oldies "mini movie marathon"? i'm looking at "my girl", "my girl 2", "she's having a baby" and "footloose" (who can have too much of kevin bacon? not me). ok fine, as much as i think kevin bacon is an amazing actor, i watched tremors and seriously wondered why people even bothered making that flick. it's funny but... but.. urgh.. it needs a nicer storyline and more character development. much too common to have a creature-destroying-earth+ppl-screaming+some-supporting-actor/actress-dies+main-character-gets-the-guy/girl and no character development. *urgh*
oh yesh, cherie's got a very nice song on her blog.. i love the song to bits. "flowers in the window" by travis. schweeet... imagine, having that special someone to just look at the flowers in the window with. ah....
flowers in the window--travis
When I first held you I was cold
A melting snowman I was told
But there was no-one there to hold
Before I swore that I would be alone forever more
Wow, look at you now
Flowers in the window
It's such a lovely day
And I'm glad that you feel the same
cos to stand up I'm in the crowd
You are one in a million
And I love you so let's watch the flowers grow
There is no reason to feel bad
But there are many seasons to feel glad, sad, madI
t's just a bunch of feelings that we have to hold
But I am here to help you with the load
Wow, look at you now
Flowers in the window
It's such a lovely day
And I'm glad that you feel the same
cos to stand up I'm in the crowd
You are one in a million
And I love you so let's watch the flowers grow
So now we're here and now is fine
So far away from there
And there is time, time, time
To plant new seeds and watch them grow
So there'll be flowers in the window when we go
Wow, look at you now
Flowers in the window
It's such a lovely day
And I'm glad that you feel the same
cos to stand up I'm in the crowd
You are one in a million
And I love you so let's watch the flowers grow
Wow, look at you now
Flowers in the window
It's such a lovely day
And I'm glad that you feel the same
cos to stand up I'm in the crowd
You are one in a million
And I love you so let's watch the flowers grow
Let's watch the flowers grow
so movie marathon, anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment