my interest in belly dancing has been re-ignited after tonight's performance. sure, everyone was ribbing each other a little.. the guys were holding napkins up to their noses jokingly, the sound of dropping cutlery was in the direction of the IT guys, and one of them even spill the drink on another. but belly dancing is an art.
in the middle east, belly dancing actually started out as a form of exercise for ladies as it helps them work the muscles that they need for giving birth. plus, the first bellydance for a girl was her rites into womanhood as well. it's showbiz that "sexualizes" it. but really, belly dancing is the celebration of a woman and her tummy. hey, what's bad about celebrating God's creation?
so anyway, it was nice to see the rabobankers again. to just chat with them. took many many pictures. patrick better send them to me. hee hee.. then met some of the cfers for supper after that.
kinda happy today. bought a CD. The Calling's "Two". for $11. yay! no, it's not pirated. but at this point of time, gramaphone tends to be "sales-happy". not that i'm complaining. and it's got my sweet sweet song inside! for those who have never seen the music video for "Anything", lemme tell ya.. it's sweet.. Alex Band's trying to serenade an ex-gf ( and if i remember correctly)who's pushing him away. and he's got such a sweetheart earnest face that just melts my heart. and everyone's gathering, hoping the girl will give in finally. plus Alex plays himself in the video, meaning he's Alex Band, the famous rocker with ppl watching his every move and he's trying to win the girl back in front of everyone. (hope i remember that correctly as well!!) and she gives in at the end with a kiss. sweet!! i know he's married in real life but he can serenade me anyday. add to the list of singers who have serenaded me.. ahahaha.
I will be there
Always waiting
Waiting for you
To let me inside
Where your fire burns
In the city of angels
Just like a river rushing straight into the sea
I'm the one thing meant for you and you for me
Whatever you want
Whatever you need
Whatever it takes, I'll do anything
And as you sleep
Eyes to the window
I'm watching you dream
Well are you dreaming of me?
So why can't you see
You're all that matters
You know if this earth should crack
I'll be your solid ground
I will be there to catch you when you fall down
Whatever you want
Whatever you need
Whatever it takes, I'll do anything
If I have to crawl
Get down on my knees
Whatever it takes, I'll do anything
I'd take the stars right out of the sky for you
I'd end the world give you the sun, the moon
For all of time, forever loving you
Whatever you need
Whatever it takes, I'll do anything
If I have to crawl
Get down on my knees
Whatever it takes, I'll do anything
Whatever you want
Whatever you need
Whatever it takes, I'll do anything
- "Anything" The Calling
and you're wrong if you think serenading is foolproof for me. i'll appreciate it without a doubt, i'll melt. but after it's over, i'm that little snowflake again. sorry.
No comments:
Post a Comment