Friday, January 26, 2007

chanced upon an interesting blog while trying to find a source of a quote today.

kyle's a rather good writer. has interesting photographs of his current trip.. and he obviously knows who God is to him.
***
(extracted from Monday, April 10, 2006)
"Worship is the overall, safest place for any person to stand".


I have been in such a hurry the past few weeks, I haven't been in conversation with God for what feels like months - and at a time in my life when I need to be in conversation more than ever. I am just out of sorts. I was telling a friend at work today about how excited I am to get into Africa and out of this rat race. I think that there will be something really liberating about quitting my job and working for free for the next few years...
***

you can check out kyle's blog here: http://premium.xanga.com/kfeenstra. he's the one whom i managed to find the anon source of the quote. ok, i still don't know of the man's name but i know the story.

Burundi was the place in Africa that James mentioned. in 1993, a man's family was murdered and his home burnt to the ground during the war. he walked 40 km from the remains of his house to get to the refugee camp. all that and the man's in his 80s. and it was from him that James took the quote for today's lunch time talk, that very nice left hook jab on my flabby arm from God to me:

I never knew Jesus was all I needed until Jesus was all I had.

i'm currently writing a whole long post but i decided to break it.. like maybe post it during week 12 and slap everyone around a bit, including myself. ahahahaha. nah lah.. i'll post it soon enough because it's very dear to me.

btw, japan is no more. perhaps cambodia. and oh, melbourne's no more too. one trip shld be enough esp since i'm likely to go tioman or bintan come june.. again. hee hee. dad's paying, no sweat. what to do with the money?

Why, God's ministry, of course!! =)
***
you always sing so earnestly that you're "coming back to the heart of worship", and that "it's all about you, Jesus"....

but are you living that out? Is He really the heart of your worship? the essences of your worship 24/7/365? Are you thinking of Him now? Were you even thinking of Him when you decided to come to my blog and read my incessant ramblings? or are you worrying about where your next A is gonna come from?

No comments: