Sunday, July 12, 2009

I realized how different and similar my sister and I are. We both love vintage and fashion. But that's where it ends. She likes the woven bags from aigner. I love the tough spunky ones from balenciaga. Her plain tees are fitted. I like mine plain slouchy.

Her vintage dresses are flowery and soft.
I love shift dresses and mod dresses. big skirts rock for me.

which is probably why I love Twiggy, Audrey Hepburn and Jackie O. but i haven't seen anything dedicated to Twiggy. perhaps it's just cause she's still alive. but still..

There's something about Twiggy that makes her such a classic icon. It's the whole combination of her big eyes, short blonde hair and incredibly slender figure that makes mini mod dresses a breeze to carry off. Her pixie-shaped face and waif-like figure must have been the envy of sooo many.

Thanks to her, the trend of mod dresses is far from over. I've only got 3 of them in my cupboard. And one shift dress that's waiting for me to "customize". I want more. Of course, it doesn't help that at the end of the "Nobody" music video by Wondergirls, the girls are all looking fab in mod dresses too.

And Twiggy makes vintage dresses fun for me. The crazy geometrical prints are way too cute. It is unfortunate that we don't get much of such dresses these days. I would go absolutely ape over them.

Twiggy still looks gorgeous. I love how she embraced her wrinkles and still looks fab while close to 60 years old. When she smiles, her crows feet crease beautifully, reminding me that they are also called "laugh lines". She looked like she embrace life and fashion. I admire her. :D
Forget agyness deyn. Twiggy still rocks.

No comments: