Monday, December 19, 2011

Wanted to go Orchard for a photowalk but the horrendous rain turned me off so I headed back home.

On the bus back, the sight was amazing. Christmas lights from the trees were distorted by the rain streaming down the windows. It's stuff like that which I would miss if I had just been trying to see things through my viewfinder, wondering how to frame the photos.

I've had the fortune of seeing my life through different lenses this whole year. Taking on new roles. Having experiences I never thought I would have, from things as complex as changes in relationship status to things as simple as having one too many rollercoaster rides literally in Florida. Even a new job and finally heading to London alone. At each junction, I take off one lens and put on a new one. And I've learnt so much.

Now at the end of the year, I'm learning to put down all the lenses and just see life for what it is. It's just that simple. Just that amazing. Sure, there were tonnes of tough times this year. But there's a beauty even in the melancholy. It's up to me to decide to see it in a positive light, smile at the memories and learn from each of my lessons this year.


To everyone who has played a part in my life this year (meaning everyone I've met at least once this year), thank you for being a lens at one point. :)

No comments: