Sunday, January 15, 2012

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing." 1 Cor 13:1-3


visited The Crossing today. Pastor Denesh spoke of love in the church using 1 John 2:7-11, to explain the litmus test of where we stood with regards to our response to God.


naturally, 1 Cor 13 comes to mind when one talks about love. while we see love demonstrated most clearly on the cross, 1 Cor 13 shows me what God wants me to remember how He sees love in my life.


i have been straying, i admit. i do feel lost at times. today was an amazing reminder for me to get back in the loop and maintain that fellowship with old friends and new ones too.. to remember to love my brothers and sisters in church.


too many times have i let them slip through the cracks simply because i don't know what to do. but not knowing what to do doesn't warrant my 'indifference' which really works out not to be indifference but hatred in the eyes of the Lord.


it is trying. it is tiring.. to want to maintain that friendship with people who are volatile and emo and expect you to seek them out as a way to sustain their egos. and it's disheartening to know that these people know God too.


i'm no saint. i have my moments. where i just want shut my brothers and sisters out. but God calls me to love them. constantly. consistently. all of them. including those that make it hard for me to love them.


it means meeting up. it means chatting with them. it means sending a text when an emo fb/twitter post appears on your newsfeed even though you know that person is a perpetual emo-nemo. and it means not being frustrated when you are met with nothing on their part. that's love by God's terms, not mine. and i have to deal with that.


how very frustrating.




but i'll keep on keeping on. just because He's God. because while i don't understand much now, i will in due time. i will. :)

No comments: