![]() |
| candid phone photo during baptism service last Sunday @ YWCA |
another thing different? the questions I've gotten today.
why today? what's the significance? so how is Sunday different from Friday? why does He give me life only to reject me on my deathbed?
I've never been so careful in picking the words to say. I know he's asking because he genuinely wants to understand. not to fight with me. not because he wants to believe. not because he wants to find ways to beat it down. he simply wants to understand what I'm thinking. no strings or conditions attached. and our working relationship makes it so easy for us to sit down and consider all these things, most of the time agreeing to disagree, and still work together over projects.
so I shared a little with the CG girls. to ask them for their prayers that I'd continue to be wise and gentle in my words. no emotional blackmail. no "this is what I experienced". simply, "this is what the bible says". (whether the bible is the truth or not, that's something my friend has to resolve with himself.)
then one of the girls shared her struggles.
honestly, it makes me so incredibly thankful to watch people frown and mull over the word. I still struggle with the word. I struggle with it every day of my life. what God says. what God commands. what God thinks. it always reminds me of a conclusion I came to after talking to a Brother.
I struggle because I care. the day I stop struggling is the day I become indifferent to the word: the day I become indifferent to God.
I pm'ed the girl. assured her that her struggles were not unfounded. that it's natural. so we're going to meet up. to talk about our struggles. to work together to understand better what Christianity means.
I don't think I've ever been more excited in my life. ^-^

No comments:
Post a Comment