Last night, as I sat in Sydney Central waiting for the midnight train to Melbs, I was overwhelmed with a new emotion.
A new raw emotion of fear. Of being alone in a dark city.
I was so afraid of being alone, of being lonely, that it scared me. I have thought of it. But to be scared... that was new.
I prayed. I prayed so hard for the fear to pass. For me to remember that I have Him. That He has been good, is still good, and will continue to be good in my life. That in times of need and plenty, He gives me the ability to give thanks and be joyful.
Now I sit at St Kilda's... and I don't feel it at all. I feel comforted. I feel provided for. I feel joy. I feel plenty. Even when I am surrounded by families and couples while alone, I feel at peace.
I feel like I'm home.
And I am grateful that He works in the most unfamiliar unspoken ways to give me rest and comfort. May I never forget to give thanks and be joyful.
No comments:
Post a Comment