Monday, February 13, 2017

On the phone with a working partner this morning and out of habit, I asked him how his weekend was. He told me about his dad's birthday and how his uncle and dad revived their childhood band and it was a riot.

Then he asked me how mine was.

"Oh. Depressing. Cancelled appts. Tried to block out stuff and stick my emotions 6 feet under by drinking too much sake and letting decadence entertain me.. because I was going to murder my dog on Saturday. Cried so much that my face was swollen.. yea. Just peachy."

Definitely did not say that. Instead, I forced a smile through the phone.

"The usual. Friday night drinks. Saturday was nice. Last day of CNY where everyone is supposed to come together and catch up. Had the entire family over and company is always good."


I know that you're in a better place. Be good and I'll see you when I get there too.

No comments: