I've unfortunately learnt that the voices don't go away. They start out as incoherent white noises that lurk in the background. And when the moment is oportune, they creep in with the daggers that cut open the doubt.
I've thankfully also learnt to stop looking for the voice that tells me that they are wrong. I pause. I breathe. I sit back and wait for the whispers to fade before I review the situation to see what I can do rectify it through conversations.
No walls. No defenses. Just me with my God behind me reminding me that those dark days are gone and He's the light that makes sure I never step back into them. Then even if things start to fall apart, I have Him to keep my actions, words, and heart in check to show that I mean it when I say I will do all things that please Him.
I am not responsible for how people react to me. But I am responsible for how I treat them and respond to them. And I will keep on keeping on with both eyes on His outstretched pierced hands to correct and watch myself.
May I keep all these things in mind to never let the warped voices take over and take control to lead me down the path of self-destruction again.
No comments:
Post a Comment