Sunday, September 04, 2005

On Saturday, we went to sushi teh for a farewell meal for sis. Ate sooo much salmon and soft shell crab. Think I'll be off jap food for a while for now.

On our way back from granny's, we started talking in the car about almost everything. Then we got to the topic of age. on the previous Wednesday, pop's friend was talking to me about Fortis bank where his wife works. My younger sister joined us and he smiled at her.

"So, you're the one going London?"

I stared at him, not knowing whether to laugh or not. Didn't pop tell his friends that it was my sister older than me by 3 years who’s going to London? To which my sister smiled as brilliantly as she could with all the strength she managed to muster up.

"No. I'm still in JC."

We had a good laugh in the car. It just reminded me of Mother's day where I went shopping with mom and my younger sis at raffles city. We went to Jason's market as usual and when paying, the cashier handed mom a kit kat chunky and wished her a happy mother's day. She walked ahead to wait for us while we paid. Then the cashier took out another bar from under the counter and passed it to my sister, wishing her a happy mother's day as well.

"Hello mommy," I grinned at her.

Back to the car, I was nearly tearing from laughter. Then my younger sister let out the ultimatum.

"That's it. I'm old and hairy." She sighed dejectedly, sounding rather resignated to her fate

Later that afternoon, we were helping our other sister pack her bag when the doorbell rang. My younger sister ran to the gate and a few minutes later, she returned up the stairs to my sister's room.

"The guy at the door asked me if I've finished university."

Guys, take a cue from here. If you see any of my sisters, just ask them how they are.

Leading BS (bible study, not bullshit) this tueday... seriously stressed out by it. and I haven't done my ethics reading yet. Yay... anywayz, no more clubbing or pubbing for me until after the exams. Part of the diet regime. Muahahaha.

No comments: