Sleep vs Luxury Car
Family vs Office with fantastic view
Home vs Travelbug & 5-star Hotels
Welcome Mat vs Red Carpet
difficult decision to make?
God vs The World
not so difficult after all, huh?
just some random thoughts that hit me during michael's lesson today. sure, i admire jer DT for working his way up the corporate ladder so quickly.. i think it's amazing that yl is in SMU, knowing that he has an office of antiques and a beautiful car in the carpark.. then michael said one thing that send me flying back to the ground.
"Everyone has to make sacrifices."
**********
The judge looked at me, anger and sadness mixed in his face. As he lifted the hammer, I closed my eyes. There was no doubt about my guilt and sins. I had turned away from what that was right to focus on the wrong things and I was without excuse. The hammer thudded dully and I looked up.
"I hereby declare you guilty."
I stood up, dreadingly pondering the verdict. The judge was correct. All evidence pointed to me as an enemy of the judge and a lawless fallen creature. I opened the small gate of the defence box to accept my punishment but then the judge spoke again.
"Son, come and take his punishment."
I watched dumbly as the son of the judge stepped forward. Wondering if I was dreaming, I could only watched as the nails were driven through the son's hands. His blood spilt onto me. My knees gave way as I watched the brutal death sentence and sacrifice. I crumbled to the ground, lowering my head. The dull thud of the hammer was heard again.
"I now declare you righteous."
What the judge said made no sense to me. My eyes stung painfully and I allowed myself to cry, looking at the blood that had touched me. After a long while, a hand in the light was in front of my face. I raised my head and saw the judge standing in front of me, with his son, well and alive, on his right.
"Come home with me, my child. Be part of me as you were supposed to be," the judge said gently, the love in his voice. I choked a sob back, not knowing what to say. Part of me longed to go home with him but part of me called me unworthy.
"Just as I live again, let your old self die and live again, my brother.. Live with us in your life," the son spoke, holding his hand out to me. There was a hole through his palm where they had driven the nail through. Placing my hand in his, I stood up. He was correct. It was time to go home and live a new life.
**********
Suddenly, it was crystal clear. I don't regret the path in life i have taken so far. if i didn't come to SMU, i wldn't be in SMUCF.. i wldn't be reading the bible and growing in understanding and maturity.. i wldn't be wanting to join a church when i graduate. i wldn't be so sure that i want to continue in my ministry and continue to serve even more when i start work, even if it means i get shit pay for reading the bible. i shldn't even be paid to study the bible. i guess that's why bible teachers still get paid. 'cos God provides for His people that when they devote a whole life of preaching His word, He sustains them nevertheless.
No comments:
Post a Comment