Friday, June 29, 2007

just finished talking to aunty boon hong. i miss her and melbourne. it's one of the three places that i wanna return to so badly. first being taiwan, second is melbourne and third is vietnam. anywayz..

she was asking me abt my job and the opportunities for secondment. to be honest, it's just sooo tempting.. to be able to go work in melbourne. walking down flinder's once again.. sinful krispy kreme.. QVM.. just the cool crisp air with a slight tinge of burnt leaves (no thanks to the bushfires).. and the people are just so nice there.

and imagine the theological exposure and freedom that i wld have there! to not worry abt going to church or being even more active in my ministry.. the relaxed working culture.. when i told her that i hoped to not work beyond 9pm, she was horrified. in oz, the working culture is just so relaxed! they get the job done but they aren't workaholics..

and a summer house at lorne on the way to the Great Ocean Road! i'm honestly floating in lala land right now. but just the thought of it. just sooooo tempting.

am i running away from persecution? am i letting my decisions be governed by what God has asked of me? to just please Him? to just glorify Him in all that i do? why melbourne? why not taiwan where there are so many others who have not heard the gospel? why not vietnam? actually, i don't mind..

which begets the question.. if God ever decides that i'm to end up in a desolate place that i'm not that fond of... will i still strive to please Him and proclaim His word faithfully? i really don't know. and whilst talking to steph, i noticed her msn nick.

"Yes I thank You, Lord... Trusting His Heart"

Dan Burgess' song comes into mind and i find myself just singing the chorus to myself until steph sent me the entire song lyrics. the words are just so powerful and so challenging.. and real.

I thank You Lord - Dan Burgess
And I thank You Lord
For the trials that come my way
In that way I can grow each day
As I let You lead
And I thank You Lord
For the patience those trials bring
In that process of growing
I can learn to care
But it goes against the way I am
To put my human nature down
And let the Spirit take control of all I do
For when those trials come
My human nature shouts the things to do
And God's soft prompting
Can be easily ignored
But I thank You Lord
With each trial I feel inside
That You're there to help lead and guide
Me away from wrong
For You promised, Lord
That with every testing
That Your way of escaping's
Easier to bear
Yes, I thank You Lord
For the victory that growing brings
In surrender of everything
Life is so worthwhile
And I thank You Lord
That when everything's put in place
Out in front I can see Your face
And it's there You belong

I'm gonna just keep trusting... and let the Spirit take control of all i do.. that the soft prompting from God is gonna drown out the shouts of my sinful nature. that i'm just gonna stop giving excuses abt how hard it is to put that human nature down. no matter how hard it is, i'm gonna give in to the Spirit..

to the One who died for me and reconciled me back into His perfect kingdom..

to the One who gives me hope for tmr and days to come.

my אֶהְיֶה

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there, would happen to have an mp3 file of this song. its a really great song id really appreciate it if you can give me the song thanks and god bless

Anonymous said...

would you happen to have an mp3 of this song? ive looked everywhere i don hope you can help me god bless

Anonymous said...

do you have an mp3 of the song god bless

Me said...

Nope, don't have it. sorry.