Was supposed to go to Tuas but by a twist of fate, I ended up manager-less in the office. And google is dead scary. I typed in "Sarbanes Oxley 2007" for research and look what I found…
http://www.approva.net/audittrail/2007/06/28/july-is-party-time-for-sarbanes-oxley/
It's a timer counting down to the 5th birthday of SOX… omg. This is hilarious. Three main reasons I can think of to explain this puzzling phenomenom…
1. Auditors are crazy. Like muy loco type of people who ought to be locked up at IMH permanently. The stress of work finally got to them. Ah the hopelessness of the accounting firms! I should get out once I can… at least away from staring at financials and doing computations.
2. Auditors are just deprived sad souls looking for a life outside the office. They need every single reason to party, even if it means celebrating the 5th birthday of an US accounting standard. Which also explains why our dept has P.O.M (pub of the month) where we venture out to find a pub, drag the executive directors down, have a fat budget and drink ourselves silly. Not that I've gone for any yet.
3. Auditors are cool. I don't mean it in a sarcastic manner, though knowing me, most of you would have thought so initially. My coy's been neat so far. I'm on the dragonboat team thanks to my rec manager. Think i'm in the team for this sept's race. My fault too but that's another story. I just need to get myself out of badminton and into netball to join Jo. I've digressed. But my point in essence is perhaps, we aren't as crazy or as boring as people think we are.
3rd reason is just super funny.. i'm hoping i will be able to say that 3 years down the road. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment