so a friend is going to Seoul and trying to avoid it when it's cold. and for some reason, I was reminded of my Jeju trip where we brilliantly decided to go BBQ at our pension.
This was March 2013. Jeju was probably 2-5 degrees that night. not counting the wind chill.
and I was standing out in the cold night, in my T-shirt and jeans, with my friend, also just in his T-shirt and jeans. just because of pork belly, pork shoulder, and beef bulgogi.
The wind was biting and the warmth of the BBQ was barely enough. at one point, we were eating right off the grill to gain warmth from the cooked food. By the time we were done and I had returned to the room, my fingers were experiencing borderline frostbite and my teeth were chattering. Thank god for heated floors because I just laid down and let my body slowly warm up before we started dinner.
Now when I look back, it's probably my favorite memory of the whole trip. Because Jeju was just hilarious, with our large bottle of Somaek in the backseat while I wailed out fake Korean along with the songs from my mp3 player, keeping the driver awake.
Then this happened a few weeks ago on EXO Showtime.
the boys were at Sokcho, also a beach resort.
I died laughing. I really couldn't stop because I totally felt for them. Imagine dealing with the harsh biting cold just for pork belly, only to see it fly off the grill. the wind was so strong that the metal grill flew off, tipping the aluminium foil with it. I had to pause the stupid show and finish laughing because it was too ridiculous.
I really need to rethink about this whole BBQing thing in Sokcho in Sept/Oct. but seriously, that desolation and hopelessness in Kim Jongdae's face was just so priceless. Thankfully, the meat fell onto the ground, still on the aluminium foil and away from the soil. So the two boys picked it up and ate it anyway. I would have too.... I think. depending on how desperate I'd be for samgyupsal, I guess.
I can't wait. I really can't wait for Korea this year. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment