Things I've heard often from strangers who've met me for the first time or second time are usually in the line of:
"I can't tell that you stay in a bungalow. you seem like a HDB kid."
"You don't look like the type to experiment with your hair. You look like the type to have long dark hair all your life."
"I can't tell that you're a dragonboater."
"You don't look like you can finish a whole fried chicken." (weird back story to this convo. but I don't think I can do more than 5 KFC pieces now.)
"You read Dragonlance??"
"You have had only one bf???"
"What do you mean you're an introvert????"
So I tend to surprise people who've just met me. But something (or things) that I've had said to me by complete strangers or people I've met once or twice in public settings outside church strike me most:
"You are a Christian, aren't you?"
"So which church do you go to?" (By complete strangers after a few minutes of conversing.)
Most of the time, these are people who don't even know my name. Don't know my background. Don't know my history. But they look at me and the question comes up in our conversations.
And the first thing that usually springs to mind after the question is my quick prayer of, "Thank you for choosing me."
During this time of rest, I've seen more of His goodness. During this time of need, I've had the opportunity to not be distracted from His grace and constant work in my life. I've seen the power of prayer and the joy of Christian brothers and sisters. I've seen His flawless work in the most unassuming moments of my life. I've seen His awesome, faithful, just, and loving character with the amount of time I've been able to commit to His word.
I've been treated to the biggest miracle of knowing that God's picked me, the worthless wretched sinner who deserved no love.
And He doesn't stop. In the busyness of life when He continues to work out His plans for the world, He remembers little insignificant me and reminds me that I'm in His plan. He gently reminds me that He cares. He lets me know that He's in control. that He's called me to be His and nothing else matters at all.
So I will keep on fighting for Him. I will keep on striving for Him. not for glory or power or higher salary or promotions or big titles or worldly achievements. But I will keep fighting to make Him known in my actions, works, deeds, and speech. Not easy. But I will keep fighting for Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment