Friday, December 16, 2016

I've never subscribed to the view that organizational behavior is at its maximum potential when people with same personalities or socially categorized traits work together. I've always felt that a blend of it makes work interesting and allows you to better understand yourself and others.

Unless a person's organizational behavior is controlling, vindictive, and insecure.

But I can't deny that having similar traits definitely help.

In particular, that initial skepticism and aloofness at the start of the relationship which evolves to one of friendly physical intimacy. Like a gentle hand on the back or holding of an elbow. Or taking that "long walk to the water cooler" which is out of the way just to call someone to lunch together. Or that hysterical laughter from a shared joke when there's no one who will be upset by an inside joke.

He's been so good. Through my mental illness. Through my recovery. Through my fresh start. He keeps reminding me that He's in control through the good and bad. Now that it's all good, if it ever becomes bad, may I still remember this important truth.

Because really. How great is our God.

No comments: