so Sunday is always dinner time with the family. and this happens when there's prawn served:
aunt: why are you not eating the prawn?
me: I've taken one already.
aunt: take more. there's three for each.
me: I can't. I'm allergic to prawn, remember?
aunt: since when?
me: since more than a year ago?
aunt: but we always order prawns when we eat out in restaurants-
me: -and I always never eat it
aunt: are you sure?
me: yes. and we have this conversation every time there are prawns
hi, do I look like I will create an allergy to not eat something I adore? like I'm mad enough to decide that I'm allergic to it and not eat hokkien mee and prawn noodle soup which happen to be my two favorite hawker dishes? It's been about one and a half years since I found out about my allergy. if my friends don't remember, I don't really mind. and usually they don't. but when I remind them, they are always apologize because at the back of their minds, they do know it.
yet my own aunts will never remember it. and then it's suddenly my fault for not reminding them and causing them to cook more. and my fault that I have an allergy.
right. they are seriously going bonkers.
No comments:
Post a Comment